twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, May 28, 2010

Yusuf refuse to shun retirement


Cricket Updates

Muhammad Yousuf has refused to come out of retirement despite pleas from skipper Shahid Afridi, who wanted the senior batsman to be part of the Pakistan team.

Yousuf announced his retirement from international cricket in March, after the Pakistan Cricket Board imposed an indefinite ban on him for indiscipline on the Australian tour when he was captain.

"I am still hurting from the words used for me by some Board officials and the harsh decision of the inquiry committee. I still feel let down by the events keeping in mind that I have always played 100 percent for Pakistan," he said.

Yousuf said Afridi had been trying to convince him to come out of retirement and play in England but he had made up his mind to stick to his retirement decision.

"I don't know what fate has in store for me in the future but I have no plans to change my decision in near future. I want to concentrate on my other duties," he said.

Yousuf, who has played 82 Tests and is Pakistan's leading run scorer in the present team, had earlier said he would follow advice of his elders on changing his mind.

"At the moment I keep on training and I have got permission from the Board to go and play some league cricket in Canada but there is going to be no immediate international cricket for me," he said.

Yousuf was among the seven players either banned or fined by the Board on the recommendations of an enquiry committee in March following the troubled Australian tour, where they were whitewashed by the hosts.

Yousuf was the only player who did not appeal against his penalty and instead announced his retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment