twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, May 28, 2010

Mourinho: I'll join Real no matter what


Football news: Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has vowed to complete his move to Real Madrid even if he has to do it "the hard way".

The Portuguese coach's switch from Inter Milan seemed a formality when he led the Nerazzurri to Champions League glory at Madrid's Bernabeu stadium.

But negotiations are dragging on longer than expected and Madrid's director general Jorge Valdano said there was little chance Mourinho would be presented until next week.

"I don't want to leave Inter on bad terms but I am sure that I will coach Real Madrid whether I have to do it the easy way or the hard way," Mourinho told AS.

"I am already part of the history of Inter and vice versa. They know how I am and know that a new contract or earning more money would not change my mind.

"They know it's not worth fighting for me."

Madrid sacked Manuel Pellegrini on Wednesday night and outlined their intention to replace him with Mourinho once both they and the former Chelsea boss had negotiated his release from Inter Milan.

Those talks are ongoing although the two clubs have yet to reach a compromise on compensation with Inter maintaining their desire to receive the full 16 million euros (just over £13.5million) due to them under the terms of Mourinho's contract.

Inter sporting director Marco Branca stated "Inter are in no hurry" and the club "will not yield on the payment of the clause".

The stalemate has resulted in a slight delay to Madrid's plans to unveil Mourinho with Valdano admitting: "Mourinho will arrive in Madrid, probably next week.

"He may arrive on Tuesday, Monday is almost impossible."

Mourinho does not seem overly concerned though.

"The situation with regards to negotiations with Inter is the normal process so that we end up reaching an agreement," he said.

"I want people to know that my desire is to go to Real Madrid and I think they have already realised that."

Mourinho's European success with Inter came playing a relatively defensive style - something which would be unlikely to please the Madrid fans.

Mourinho believes the style of play is dictated by the players available, though, not the manager.

"We have to know what we have and apply it in the best possible way to create damage," he said.

"Madrid has Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka that are very good on one-on-ones.

"We have to find a style of play that allows them to do that.

"The principles of play depend on the players you have."

He continued: "I think Madrid have signed me because they know that they can demand aims in the short term but that I am also capable of leaving a base for the future.

"It's clear that I work for myself but also for clubs.

"At Chelsea you can see scouts and physical trainers that I left there. The same goes for Inter.

"I want to leave a mark at this club, not only with titles but with other things.

"I promise from my first day that I will bring out the best in the players, that I will take care of them.

"My idea is once I am unveiled to remain in Madrid for a week to work and put things into place before going on holiday with my family.

"I am tired but looking forward to start at Madrid."

It is widely anticipated that Mourinho will want to change the structure at Madrid, taking full control of transfer dealings.

That could spell bad news for sporting director Miguel Pardeza.

But Mourinho said: "There are people who think I'm a dictator, who doesn't like to work with a sporting director, but on the contrary, I like to work in a group, give responsibility to other people.

"I am loyal with those that work with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment