twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, May 28, 2010

Hart delighted with keeper camaraderie


World Cup news: Joe Hart

Joe Hart is delighted with the spirit amongst the three keepers competing for a place in England's World Cup squad.

Veteran custodians Robert Green and David James, along with Hart, are fighting for the number one spot in the England line-up for the World Cup finals in South Africa.

23-year-old Hart is the youngest of the three and made his England debut in the 3-1 friendly win over Mexico at Wembley on Monday.

Speaking to The Mirror later, he said: "Jamo [David James] is a legend and I can learn a lot from him.""I wish he'd make me his 'project' and teach me all he knows!

"There's definitely a camaraderie between the keepers. We train together far more regularly than we do with anyone else in the squad.

"Greeny [Robert Green] and Jamo have great experience over me and I'm looking to learn off that. They are two big personalities and good people to be around."

The Birmingham keeper was also overjoyed by his first Wembley outing.

"It felt brilliant," he said.

"It was the biggest crowd I've ever played in front of - and maybe ever will.

"It was a great atmosphere and a great honour for me personally. You don't really get butterflies because you never really know if you're playing until an hour-and-a-half before kick-off so it's just a case of focusing really.

"I just knew that if I did get my chance, I had to take it. I felt confident and it's a great being around such good players. That really gives you confidence and I feel privileged to be involved at this stage."

No comments:

Post a Comment