twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Webber coy over Red Bull future


Monaco F1 GP

Championship leader Mark Webber has refused to end speculation about his Red Bull future, saying "things change very fast".

Webber's contract ends at the end of this season and although he is in the form of his life, there are plenty of rumours that Red Bull could replace him with Kimi Raikkonen next year.

Team boss Christian Horner says everyone is "relaxed" over the contract negotiations, but insists nothing has been discussed yet.

"The team and Mark are very relaxed about the situation," said Horner.

"He is an important member of the team and he is driving fantastically well at the moment. He enjoys driving here, and we enjoy having him.

"But we have not spoken and have no real interest in speaking with any of our drivers so, when the time gets to it, we will sit down and look at the paperwork."

Webber, who is coming off back-to-back pole positions and race victories in Spain and Monaco, refused to nip any rumours in the bud.

"I've just won two races, back-to-back, and people are asking me where I'm going to drive next year," he told The Mail on Sunday.

"I'm very close to the guys at Red Bull, we've been through a lot and I have a great relationship with them. Yet things happen and change very fast in this business and you never know what's around the corner.

"At the moment, I'm only thinking about the next race, in Turkey next weekend. The rest will take care of itself. There are hundreds of points up for grabs and I'm concentrating on the job in hand.

"I imagine the picture will be clearer in another six weeks or so. But what matters most is I still have a great desire driving me."

No comments:

Post a Comment