twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fergie: England won't win World Cup


Football Report: Sir Alex Ferguson


Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has serious doubts over the Three Lions' ability to win the World Cup.

Various pundits have professed that this outfit is the strongest to leave English shores in years - with options aplenty across the pitch.

And the media hype is ratcheting up as the finals draw nearer. One man who does not think England can win the Jules Rimet trophy is Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Scot was quoted in News of the World as saying: "England, with Fabio Capello, will be thereabouts. But, from there to winning the World Cup, I don't think so."

Fergie is backing European champions Spain and Samba boys Brazil to do the business, but feels Serbia have an outside chance of doing something special.

"Spain and Brazil remain the great favourites. I see Serbia pulling something off and I am counting, too, on the Portugal of my friend Carlos Queiroz with Ronaldo who, in my eyes, remains the best player in the world. And Italy, as usual, will be around."

"Above all, I want my players to perform well and come back pumped up by a good World Cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment