twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kuznetsova remains calm after defeat


Tennis News: Maria Kuznetsova

Svetlana Kuznetsova's defence of her French Open title ended tonight after she was dumped out of Roland Garros in round three by Maria Kirilenko.

Sixth seed Kuznetsova was lucky to even be in the third round after Andrea Petkovic squandered a 40-0 lead serving for victory against her on Wednesday.

And she almost repeated the trick when she repelled two match points from her Russian opponent.

But Kirilenko made no mistake with her third to wrap up a 6-3 2-6 6-4 victory on Court One.

Kuznetsova was philosophical about surrendering her crown, admitting she had not played well for some time.

"It was very hard to defend," she said. "I have to move on, I have to grow and to improve.

"I didn't come here with my best game but I gave my all. You cannot play great all the time, it's ups and downs.

"I'll be back and I have the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment