twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eto'o issues Cameroon quit threat


African Cup of Nations: Samuel Eto'o

Samuel Eto'o has hinted that he could leave the Cameroon squad following criticism from Roger Milla.

Former favourite Milla, who shone at the 1990 World Cup in Italy, has claimed Eto'o offers less for his country than he does for his club.

He told AFP that Eto'o had "brought lots to Barcelona and Inter Milan but never anything to the Cameroon team.

"It's also a question of discipline. Cameroon is waiting for him to react."

Eto'o is unquestionably the star turn in the Cameroon squad and is his country's all-time leading goalscorer, notching 44 times in 94 appearances.

He believes he is been unfairly singled out for criticism and has labelled Milla as 'bitter'.

The Inter Milan striker, who helped his Italian employers to an historic treble last season, has now revealed that he will pull out of this summer's World Cup if his efforts are not appreciated.

"Is it worth me going to the World Cup?" he asked on the sidelines of an exhibition match in Paris.

"I've still got some days to think about it but I'll see if my taking part is important because I don't need this in my career."

Speaking to Canal Plus television channel, he added: "It is always before tournaments that bitter people wake up.

"What has he (Milla) done? He hasn't won the World Cup. They played in a quarter-final (in 1990) and with what a team. They had one of the best teams with some great players throughout. It's not because they knew glory at the age of 40 that they can talk.

"And then you wonder, 'are they my people?'. Are they really my people? Is it really worth going to the World Cup?"

No comments:

Post a Comment