twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, May 31, 2010

Cole: I'm happy with my performanc


World Cup news: Joe Cole

Joe Cole has expressed his satisfaction with his performance in England's 2-1 win over Japan.

The Chelsea midfielder came on at half-time and slotted into the 'hole' behind Wayne Rooney in a 4-4-1-1 formation before shifting to the left wing when Emile Heskey was brought on.

The 28-year-old created England's equalizer against Takeshi Okada's side when he caused Marcus Tulio Tanaka to head past his own goalkeeper.

Cole was pleased with how he performed in the second half despite a physically tough game.

He told ITV Sport : "I've done alright but the most important thing was the win and these games are never easy, people don't want to get injured and there were plenty of tackles flying in."

The tricky midfielder also revealed that playing in the 'hole' is something new to him and he had only trained once in that role.

"I think we did it one day and you have to have options going into a World Cup and I enjoyed it," Cole said.

While Cole does not dare to pack his bag just yet, he is crossing his fingers that Capello will put him on the plane to South Africa this June.

"It's down to the manager. I've 10 ten days in training and now I've had 45 minutes," he concluded.

England are drawn alongside United States, Algeria and Slovenia in Group C and will kick off their World Cup campaign against the Americans on 12 June.

No comments:

Post a Comment